8910 Purdue Road, Suite 500
Indianapolis, IN 46268
RCF DAF Setup Steps for UBS Advisors
Establishing your Donor-Advised Fund
Setting up and managing a new donor-advised fund (DAF) through the Renaissance Charitable Foundation (RCF) is quick and easy. Follow the steps below to get started.
Prepare and provide the following paperwork to RCF for review via e-mail to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The advisor and donor(s) should review the DAF Program Circular.
- The advisor of record should read and sign the Investment Policy Statement.
- The donor(s) should complete and sign the DAF Application.
- The signed paperwork should be submitted to RCF via email at email@example.com.
- The advisor should complete the investment account opening paperwork which generally includes an application for non-profits/entities along with supplemental forms as determined by UBS.
- Standing payment instructions must be setup for disbursements to RCF.
- If available, add RCF as a recipient for data feeds and online access.
- See Instructions for Opening an Investment Account for additional information.
- Ren establishes the RCF DAF on the DFX platform (this generally takes 1 – 2 business days).
- Once the investment account has been established, the advisor makes the initial contribution directly into the new investment account.
- When the investment account has been funded, the Advisor must send confirmation of funding to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information with proof of funding:
- Donor Name
- Investment Account Number
- Asset Name
- # of Shares or Cash Amount
- Date of Initial Funding
NOTE: Funding is controlled by the advisor. Timing varies. This step is necessary to move the process forward and match the account on the data feed.
- Ren credits the contribution to the DAF account and moves the account into a grant-ready status.
- Log-in credentials are e-mailed to the advisor and donor when the account is funded.
- The DAF account can be accessed at https://ubs.donorfirstx.com.
- Instructions for navigating the platform can be found here.
- The process is complete!
- RCF is the owner of the investment account and should sign all investment account paperwork as the account owner. Information within the application regarding the account owner should reference RCF, not the donor(s).
- The Advisor may need to be licensed in the state of Indiana to open the new account. Check with your firm’s compliance department for their requirements.
- For 2022 year-end timeline information please click here.
If you have any questions regarding your fund establishment or there are special steps required for your donated assets, contact us at email@example.com and we will guide you through the process.